Jamnapari Goat History
Jamnapari Goat or Jamunapari goat breed which was originated from India. Since 1953 these goat breeds also have been imported to Indonesia where this breed became very popular and had commercial success. This breed first introduced near a river of Uttarpradesh named Jamuna. They are also known as some other names like Jamnapari, Ram Sagol.
This breed is one of the ancestors of the american nubian. This goat breed is reared for both milk and meat. However, it is more in style as dairy goat. The name is derived from the rivers Yamuna, Jamuna and Jamuna of India and Bangladesh. According to the 1972 census, there were an estimated 580000 of the breed available in India. Though less than 5000 goats of the total were thought to be purebred.
Jamnapari Goat Characteristics
They have long flat drooping ears that are around 25 cm long. both sexes have horns. These goats are in white, black, yellow, brown or various mixed colours. The udder has round, conical teats and is well developed. Jamunapari goat body is in sensible sheep well developed with long legs, pendulous ears and short tail. This breed will have long hair in the thigh and back legs.
The Jamnapari male can weigh up to 120 kg, while females can reach around 90 kg. the average lactation yield per day has been found to be slightly less than two kilograms. Jamnapari meat is said to be low in cholesterol.
Scientific name: Capra aegagrus hircus
Breed Name: Jamnapari Goat
Other Name: Jamnapari, Ram Sagol
Breed Purpose: Milk, meat
Breed Size: Large
Buck Minimum: 120 kg
Doe Minimum: 90 kg
Climate Tolerance: All Climates
Coat Color: white, red, tan, brown, gray, black
Good for Stall: yes
Country/Place of Origin: India
What is use Jamnapari Goat?
Jamnapari goat also considered as the dairy goat breed because of its good milk yielding ability. They become highly meat and milk productive and also very suitable for show. In India this goat breed is considered as the best dairy goat. Female Jamunapari goat gives about 2-3 litter milk daily. The milk of Jamunapari goat is very tasty and healthy. And it contains about 5-hitter fat. This breed also good for the commercial goat farm for the meat and milk production the growth rate of the jamnapari goat is good and adapt the environment where they are. Body resistance to fight with disease is good.
How to tack care Jamnapari Goat?
Always feed them fresh and nutritious food with enough amount of green elements. never attempt to mix contaminated or impure food elements with their regular food. Take special care to the breeding bucks and does.
Advantages of Jamnapari goat
- Jamunapari goats are very friendly in nature and very lovable.
- Jamunapari Goats are good breeders and they reach sexual maturity within their 7-12 months of age and give birth of kids within a short time.
- This goat breed meat is tasty and low in cholesterol compared to other goat meats.
- Jamunapari Goat meat and milk are cholesterol free and easily digestible.
- Goat milk is use for making various types of foods and it’s very easy to digest than milk of cows.
- Diseases are less in Jamunapari goats than other domestic animals.
- Jamunapari goats are easily available, easy to maintain and always have a friendly disposition.
- Jamunapari goats farming is profitable in long run with milk and meat.
Disadvantages of Jamnapari Goat
Jamnapari Goat facts
- Jamunapari goat breed is that the native goat breed of Etawa district of state.
- This breed is raise for the meat and milk production similarly.
- Jamunapari breed is also known as as dairy goat breed.
- The milk yielding ability is extremely good in this breed.
- Jamunapari goat is that the tallest goat breed among all.
- They are one of the giant goat breeds with a pair of very long ear.
- The jamnapari goats usually have long hair on the back leg and it has long drooping ear usually 8-12 inches long .
- The maximum weight of one hundred twenty five kilo and also the doe of 90kg.
Jamnapari Goat Feeding
Although they love grazing they also needs some extra nutritious food too. One can feed these goats with Barley, Jowar/Sorghum, Bajra, grass for quick weight gain and good milk yield. give a special diet to the pregnant. youngsters ar raised by their mother for their three months of age. The male goats for breeding purposes also needs some additional care and nutritious food enriched with sufficient protein, calcium and energy.
Jamnapari Goat price
Start to $150
Jamnapari Goats for Sale
Jamnapari goat pictures
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……
Read Also: Pygora Goat
Reference : wikipedia.org